Tuesday, August 5, 2008

National Day 2008 Preview - Fighter Planes

I was taking video of these fighter planes during last saturday national day preview. The real parade will be on National Day 9th August 2008. National Day is our Singapore's Birthday, she will be 43 this year after gaining independence in 1965.


Watch the video especially towards the ending part. I find out about the ending part action only when I load the video into the computer.


These five fighter planes was supposed to form a pattern together upon reaching the destination in Marina Bay but I found out towards the end of the video that one of the plane was right behind the first four planes.

What do I know about planes....I thought the last plane was slow and trying to catch up with the first four plane but my husband and son said this is the way they create the formation. The planes dont take off all at the same time, so each of the plane had to catch up with the front planes when they take off to create a formation. Wow not an easy task but they did well for the show at Marina. Saw in the papers that they could create a heart shape with the smoke from the plane.


I wont be watching the parade live cause it is not easy to get the tickets. The tickets are issued via balloting. But I get to watch these planes live as they flew over me. :)

12 comments:

Oman said...

i love planes and anything that play in the sky. i like the video too and i hope that they could also show the main event here. thanks for sharing alice.

Anonymous said...

ALice, why I can't view the video?

Jim Klenke said...

Neat video, I love air shows.

Jules said...

i am in awe of those pilots - scary stuff but so entertaining!!!

alicesg said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I too love watching air shows.

Zoe, try to click the play button once and let it load. Should not be a problem. My friends are all able to watch the video just by clicking the play, dont take long to load, just a few secs only.

Squirrel said...

I agree with Jules wholeheartedly.

Love the video!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Alicesg: That is a great video of the planes. That one was far behind.
Thanks for the visit and the comment.

zakscloset said...

those pilots are so brave!!!

Fish Whisperer said...

Sorry I use a slow dial up so AI will not watch the plaves but you series on the wet market is very cool. I was just in Singapore and had a great time there.
Cheers

alicesg said...

Thanks for the nice comments and dropping by my blog. :)

Unknown said...

Ah.. you went to the preview. The noise from the jets are loud right? We have been hearing them almost every weekend! :-)

alicesg said...

No, I did not go to the preview. The planes flew over my place. Surprised this year, the plane flew over this direction. This is the 1st time I managed to see fighter planes from where I lived.