Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chinatown Heritage Centre Part 2

This part of the exhibit shows the market place where everyones seems so busy selling and purchasing.

Replica of a tea house where the spitton under the table is a common sight during the earlier times of chinatown and also other parts of Singapore.

F&N Beverages in wooden crates were very popular during the earlier times and especially during Chinese New Year. I remember we used the empty rounded bottles to double up as rolling pins. Nowadays they dont comes in bottles or wooden crates.

A bookstore where the magazines with then popular actresses on the covers, think is during the50s, 60s and 70s.

I used to have the small bicycle when I was a young child, all these exhibits really bring back fond memories of my childhood and I spend time explaining each of them to my 12 year old niece.

At one corner is a replica of a jewllery shop.

The chain above is actually a belt to tie round the waist to hold the skirt or sarong. My late mom had a similar belt chain and she gave it to my brother. Maybe one day I will take photo of it and post it here.

All these wired bangles are so familar to me and yes, I wore them too as a child. The one I wore is actually like the one below but I think my late mom had discarded them.

No comments: